Sun, 2020-02-02 12:01
New Year’s Resolutions and Resolves Series
Sub-title: God designed the Seed to meet your need
We have just entered a new year as well as a new decade. The end of one year is always a great time to let go of negative emotional baggage and attitudes, and start the new year with a clean heart.
Psalm 51:10 (KJV) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Success or failure in 2020 will not only be determined what we do (or not do) – it will be determined by our attitude.
- Prophetic word for this year: 2020 – a Year of Plenty
- The condition of our heart determines the level of plenty we enjoy in 2020
- In the parable of the sower (soils), Jesus describes the 4 different conditions of the human heart
- Only the 4th type of soil produced any harvest from the seed that was sown
- Jesus teaches the parable of the Growing Seed towards a harvest of plenty
Mark 4:26–29 (NKJV) And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
From vss. 3 to 20, Jesus taught the parable of the sower, and now, six verses later, He uses the same examples such as sower, soil and seed as He teaches the parable of the Growing Seed.
- The seed is the Word of God
- The ground (earth, soil) is our heart (your spirit)
- The man who scatters seed on the ground is you
Ultimately, only you are responsible to put the Word of God into your heart
- The terms “blade”, “head”, and “full grain in the head” describe the process of bringing seed towards fruition and harvest (seed, time and harvest)
- The harvesting of the fully ripened grain with the sickle refers to the full manifestation of the promise of God that you have sown into your heart
Important points to consider in this parable:
- Vs. 26 … a man scatters seed on the ground, 27 and sleeps by night and rises by day, and the seed sprouts and grows …
- once you have sown the seed of God’s Word into your heart, you can sleep by night and rise by day without worry, knowing that God’s Word will sprout and grow in your heart
- vs. 27 … he himself does not know how.
- even if you don’t know how it works, it still works!
- The Word of God knows how to produce a harvest in your life!
- Vs. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself
- Once the soil of your heart has been ploughed through repentance, and cleared of the rocks and thorns of selfishness and lusts, it knows how to yield crops by itself
- After we have done what we need to do:
- our heart knows what to do to bring forth a harvest
- the Word of God knows what to do to sprout and produce
- 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
- The harvest is the manifestation of what the Word of God promises
- Many people want to start with the harvest, but God wants us to start with the Seed, which is His Word
2. God’s Word is imperishable Seed, which is alive and powerful
Hebrews 4:12 (NLT) For the word of God is alive and powerful …
1 Peter 1:23 (NASB95) For you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.
God’s Word is living and incorruptible seed that is powerful towards producing a harvest of the promises of God in our lives.
- Salvation Scriptures will produce a harvest of salvation in a person’s life
- Healing Scriptures will produce a harvest of healing in a person’s life
- Prosperity Scriptures will produce a harvest of prosperity in our lives
Our Victory Programme booklet has been compiled with exactly this purpose in mind – to help people to sow the Word of God into their heart, diligently and consistently, so it can bring forth a harvest of good things.
God’s Word is full of seeds of healing, seeds of peace, seeds of whatever you need.
3. God’s Word is able to build you up and give you an inheritance
Acts 20:32 (NKJV) So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
God’s Word is able to give you all that God has promised you.
God has designed the Seed of His Word to meet your need.
Able – Greek – dunamai – miraculously powerful
God’s Word is miraculously powerful to produce a harvest in your life.
It has inherent power within itself to produce what it promises.
Psalm 107:19–20 (NKJV) Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. 20 He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Isaiah 55:10–11 (NKJV) For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- How prepared is your heart this year to receive the Seed of God’s Word?
- How thorough have you been in ploughing up the hard areas of your heart?
- How committed were you in digging up the rocks of shallowness in you life?
- How diligent have you been to clear away the thorns of selfishness?
- What is the level of your committedness to present your heart to God clean and holy?